Please note: As of 31 May 2017, the procedure for registering for a Drop-in Consultation has changed, and the way of registering has changed as well. It will no longer be possible to register by email because all registrations must now be submitted through Mijn AFK.
Drop-in Consultations are open to applicants who have not previously been in contact with the AFK, and these Consultations are a good way for the fund and the applicant to get to know each other in an informal way. During the Drop-in Consultation, the applicant has a chance to explain the Project Plan submitted prior to the appointment.
Drop-in Consultations are available for applicants from all disciplines who have not previously received a grant from the AFK. PLEASE NOTE: People who have previously received funding from the AFK, even if it was on behalf of a different organisation, are NOT eligible to take part in a Drop-in Consultation. Be advised: if the plans submitted are not approved, then applicants have one (and only one) opportunity to participate in a Drop-in Consultation a second time.
Drop-in Consultations are suitable for funding requests of up to € 5,000 for projects that fall within the Professional Arts Scheme or the Cultural Participation Scheme, as long as the project’s maximum budget does not exceed € 10,000. The Drop-in Consultation is not open to applications for a Development Budget or Programme applicants. During the Drop-in Consultation, you will have 30 minutes to explain your project, and the AFK will let you know if they will be contributing to the project within a very short period of time.
Drop-in Consultations take place on the last Tuesday of every month. For exact dates, please see the overview below. Registration for the Drop-in Consultation opens one month in advance.
My project is multidisciplinary
Choose the discipline which most applies to your project.
Places are limited
Please be aware: there are always more people who want to register for the Drop-in Consultation than there are spaces available. When you register, you are not guaranteed a space at the Drop-in Consultation. If you want to be sure that your Project Application is processed, please submit your application via the regular procedure.
The starting date of the project
Please note: there must be at least one month between the Drop-in Consultation and the project's starting date, opening and/or premiere.
Drop-in Consultation dates 2017
Apply 31 May
Apply 28 June
Apply 26 July
Apply 30 August
Apply 1 November
You must register by means of the secure Mijn AFK portion of the AFK website. The steps you need to follow for the registration process are listed below.
• Create an account on Mijn AFK;
• Check to be sure the organisation for which you are submitting a Drop-in Consultation registration form has not previously received a grant from the AFK;
• Check to be sure you personally have not previously received a grant from the AFK;
• Make a note in your calendar of 9:00 am on the last Wednesday of the month. That's when registration opens on Mijn AFK for the Drop-in Consultation.
Reserving a place
On the last Wednesday of the month, be sure to log onto Mijn AFK before 9:00 am.
Starting at 9:00 am you can click on the button marked 'Reserveer je plek' (Reserve a space) to see if there are any spaces available for the upcoming Drop-in Consultation. After selecting a discipline and answering a few questions, you will be given three options:
1. There are spaces available: a Drop-in Consultation registration form with an associated deadline will be prepared for you.
• Please note: a space has been reserved for you once you click on the button 'reserveer je plek’ (reserve your space) and have received the message 'Hartelijk dank voor uw aanmelding (Thank you for your application). Er is een aanvraagformulier voor u aangemaakt (A Drop-in Consultation registration form has been prepared for you)'. Be sure to send in the completed Drop-in Consultation registration form before the deadline, otherwise, your space will be given to someone else. The deadline for submitting Drop-in Consultation registration form is clearly stated at the top of the form.
2. If there are no spaces available, but there is still room on the waiting list, you will see the following message: 'Alle plekken in de door u gekozen discipline zijn al vergeven maar er is nog wel plek op de wachtlijst' (All the spaces in the discipline you selected are full, but there is still room on the waiting list).
A place on the waiting list does not guarantee an appointment during the Drop-in Consultation.
You have two options:
• You decide to wait a month, and not put your name on the waiting list. Or, you may submit a Project Application by means of the regular procedure.
• You decide to put your name on the waiting list. Fill in the Drop-in Consultation registration form. You will be notified as soon as a space becomes available. If no spaces become available, your registration form will not be processed.
3. If the Drop-in Consultation for that month is full, and there is no more room on the waiting list, the following message will appear: 'Helaas, alle plekken in de door u gekozen discipline zijn vergeven' (We're sorry, all the spaces in the discipline you selected are full). Probeer het nog een keer voor het spreekuur van volgende maand. (Please try applying for the Drop-in Consultation again next month). Of dien via de reguliere weg een projectaanvraag in (Or submit your Project Application via the regular channels).’
The Drop-in Consultation registration form
A Drop-in Consultation registration form will only be prepared for you if there are spaces available (or if there is room on the waiting list). Be sure to complete the form in full, and include a detailed project plan and budget as attachments. Once we have checked your registration form, you will be notified of the time of your appointment for the upcoming Drop-in Consultation when you will be able to explain your registration in person.
As of 31 May (for the Drop-in Consultation on 27 June), you can only register online by means of Mijn AFK.
• As of 1 September 2013, only those applicants who have not previously received a grant from the AFK can make use of the Drop-in Consultation. Applicants who have previously received a grant from the AFK, even if it was on behalf of a different organisation, are not eligible to take part in the Drop-in Consultation.
• The Drop-in Consultation is only intended for projects whose total budget is not higher than € 10,000, and the grant requested from the AFK does not exceed € 5,000.
• The Drop-in Consultation is restricted to projects in all disciplines within the Professional Arts Scheme and the Cultural Participation Scheme. Drop-in Consultations are not open to applications for the Development Budget or Programme Subsidies.
• Applicants must have sent their completed Drop-in Consultation registration form to the AFK at least one week before the Drop-in Consultation.